Friday, April 5, 2013

Introducing... US.


 This is Chase.   He is a 9 month old little itty bitty boo boo bean. He has a personality like no other.  Probably the most photogenic child that I've ever had the privilege to photograph. (Yes, I know I created him....so take that opinion or leave it.) 

I'm so happy to have my journey through motherhood begin now...  I have to tell you how we got here.   Its obligatory to set the scene, right?   Why should anyone listen to me, amongst the millions of bloggers on the 'net'.

 As I am from Western New York, starting a blog...{blaaagh, as it is said here,  not "bLOG"} isn't something I am intending to be a big hit, or anything.  I do wish that people read, enjoy and suggest to others.  I have a lot to give, I promise.

Lovin' life
Lets talk about what I have to give... {Cue Backstreet Boys "All I have to Give" } My credentials:  I am a mom.   A new mom, yes.  Being a mom is a credential that often has some grey area.   What one mom says, another one may poo-poo.  So let's talk about the things that make me a little quirky.  I work full-time.  Yes, I know, me and half of American moms.  The ironic part of this was that I've ALWAYS had a part time job, and then 2 weeks after I gave birth, I interviewed for, and was offered a full time job running an after school program at the elementary level.  I really enjoy being a supervisor.  I've done it for many years in different capacities.   Growing up, I was very shy--I know that college helped me to branch out, but being a supervisor has helped me to embrace my inner CEO.   Being able to have creative control over my own program has just allowed me to blossom.    Plus, I can work with some cutie patooties.
Cousins....since when did  she get so big??

Easter Best
My degrees are in Physical Education [associates, bachelors,and master's] I have quite an extensive knowledge in physical activity.  You wouldn't know by looking at me-- Seeing as though I've put on the pounds during and after pregnancy. 

Despite my deplorable physical condition, I enjoy all things competitive exercise. I use the word competitive very strictly.  I hate to run around a track, or worse, walk.  I need to be smashing little blue balls into a wall,  sinking 3's at the court, or 'yakin' down the river.   Once upon a time I was my high school's 'athete of the year'.   I still feel athletic, covered in a nice doughy outer layer. 

My 'Sporty Spice' side isn't the only thing that makes me unique.   I also have the hipster, arty side.  Along with my best friend , I assist photographing weddings.   I also do a few things of my own on the side.  I enjoy photographing everything, but I love canid, outdoor nature shots.   I use a Sony Alpha DSLR, and I will be sure to update a blog on some of the photographic fronts that I am exploring.    Along with photography, I like to re-purpose junk.  Yeah, junk. It is the kind of junk that can be transformed into something beautiful. I've re-purposed or 'up-cycled' lots of my home things.   They don't look junky, or at least, I don't think so.  I would say the key is to mix  re-purposed items with normal home-goods.  Luckily, our town has a 'clean up' in which I can replenish my project stash twice a year.  (Generally, I load up a bunch of friends, and we cruise the streets at night, jump out at the piles of junk that look promising, and pick out what we want to work on.  I'll do a whole post on that when it comes up in May.)   I make my own invitations, artwork, books, bake from scratch, draw, paint, craft,  plant seeds, landscape, make baby food and create whatever I need.   Some of the things I do not do are play a musical instrument, sew, knit or crochet.  I'd like to think that I can accomplish those things, but for now they are on my life 'to-do' list.

Currently, the YWCA is the company that I work for. Our mission is to eliminate racism, empower women and promote peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.  I can truly stand by that mission, and I LOVE working for the YWCA.    The folks who are work with an fantastic and the work that everyone does improves our area and gives back to many community members

So, who likes pinterest, eh?

The YWCA does some really cool fundraisers, get-togethers, and events for our comunity.  I'm  I am actually presenting on up-cycling and re-purposing at the pinterest event.

I pride myself on my creativity and my self-motivated style.  Personally, I side with functionality over physical appearance, but I'm a sucker for high fashion.  I subscribe to having NO fashion...but I to have an appreciation for all things blingy, pretty and new.  I keep up with the times, the technology, and the textiles.


I do love my cats.  Moose and Yogi
They are my first babies. They are furry, and kind, and brothers from a different mother, and they make me laugh.
.
These are guys that I know!

I should also mention that I am married to my high school sweetheart, Poppa P (not his real name, I know-- but that is what I'll  refer to him as).  If that isn't melty enough, we were married on 7-11-2009, you know, for luck.   We became pregnant in October of 2011, and gave birth to a sweet, little baby boo-boo boy on  6-14-2012.  I pretty much went through WWIII in that birth having an unexpected emergency c-section, a second ureter surgery 12 hours later, and a major bout with anaphylactic hives.  I had a wonderful baby, who sleeps through the night, has a pleasant demeanor, and is just SO DARN CUTE!!!!    We started our journey with cloth diapering at about 3 months old.  We are enjoying every moment with him and we choose to cloth diaper for serveral reasons.  Its nearly as easy as disposable, with cheaper, its WAYYYY cuter, and it completely not overwhelming as I thought it would be.  I get more excited about finding new cloth diapers than I do about shopping for anything mommyish.
first cloth G- diaper: on backwards, LOL



8months old, rockin' fluff



 That is pretty much it about us.  I hope to enlighten people with product reviews and recommendations, and crafting, cooking, and gerenal mommy advice.  Eventually, I would like to generate enough buzz to do some giveaways, and some contests!!!   In order to do that, please share with your friends and family, and anyone who may find this 'blaaagh' interesting!   Enjoy!

XOXO
Momma A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!