Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A new house, new endevors!

I have a little man who is on the move....  literally.

Poppa P and I have purchased and moved into our first home.   I have been MIA for a little while as we packed, moved and have settled in.   In the last couple weeks, we've developed a little baby who likes to  'rock out' , crawl, can say mom, dad, kitty cat, more, and bye bye.  Lots of things have changed in a short period of time!


Well,  I've also started planning baby's first birthday party!   I hand made the invitations for his party and he has a really neat little outfit to match.  The invitations were not that hard.  I had just a few simple shapes which I cut by hand, and I purchased a stamp that had  date, time, place, RSVP etc etc....  I can use that a million times from now on... it was about $9.99 from Michael's Crafts.

 We are having a nautical theme party in our backyard.  We've invited close friends and family and we are so excited to plan this and get our home in order for visitors!    The big party is going be be on June 9th.   As you can see the invitations sort of match the outfit, or at least collaborate well with it.  I am going to be having some dashes of red in the party because there is something about red that says "Nautical".   I will be posting in the future about the birthday party again!   I'm excited because this will be the first party that I plan from start to finish all by myself!   I will be able to follow my vision all the way through!
Birthday outfit




Back up uniform


I plan on using a combination of sailboats, anchors, life preservers, as well as, blue and white patterns.   I actually got some nice things from Oriental trading Co. which I ordered last night.
 I think it is going to turn out really cute.  I am still working out the details with the games, and order of events...but it really is coming together!






We finally have started to get our new house in order.  There is something truly amazing about being a homeowner.  I feel like I've moved into a fresh clean palette.   This house is SO homey feeling already.   I just feel incredibly comfortable.   The cats have adjusted just beautifully.   They have been running up and down the stairs and they are really enjoying all the different rooms and places to hide.   I am planning on doing a fur-baby post soon possibly reviewing some products for cats, so keep your eyes peeled. 


I will be posting a full overview of our house and projects soon.    I am planning some DIY projects that I'd like to take people through, but we still need to get all of the house unpacked before any projects start.   We are tackling our very old and drab bedroom next .  My husband promised me that for mother's day and  I've purchased the paint and the ceiling fan. I'm just bursting at the seams!  Stay tuned my friends!  Thanks for coming back and visiting!



Reminder: Giveaway at 100 likes!   Find me on Facebook by looking in the right hand column!! ----->

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!