Friday, May 24, 2013

May Excitement.

Hello Again-   It has been a little while since my last post.  I apologize for the few and far 'betweeness'.   I'm awaiting my tester diaper from Rebecca at Snappy Greens :)   She sent me this  


teaser photograph of the awesome diaper that I'll be reviewing.  This is a handmade one-size diaper.   The best part about Snappy Greens, is that she is still growing her business and she often offers and asks her fans for suggestions on customs.   I think that is just the coolest thing when businesses reach out to their fan base for suggestions and actually listen and respond.   Many cloth diaper companies are very good about the responses and are very, very, kind to their loyal followers.  The way to run a business is to stay humble and understand the needs of your customers and I cannot say enough about Snappy Greens.   Her review will be coming soon.


I also recieved my shipment of party decorations for Chase's Birthday.   I did end up ordering from Oriental Trading Company, but it was only because I found items that were too perfect to pass up.  I was shopping on Etsy for inspiration and homemade decor. I haven't truly gotten around to ordering anything from those shops, but I'm blown away by the quality and creativity.    I am  hoping to make some custom bunting with Chase's photographs birth-12 months.   I'm running out of time!  So much to do around the house, so much to do for the party, and soooooo little time.


What else is new?  Well- I'm hoping to do more photography soon.  I actually may have a impromptu wedding shoot on Saturday.  A lovely lady that I work with is eloping at City Hall and is doing a nice little reception at home.  I think it would be really sweet to give her some nice photographs.  I don't care if you are eloping at City Hall or planning the biggest extravaganza, everyone deserves to remember their special day!  So, needless to say, if I end up doing it, I'll post the pictures right here for all to see. :)


I made a delightful snack the other day.  Many of you have probably heard of Texas Caviar.  This is a variation of that which we have been calling Bean Salsa.    The recipe is as follows:

1 can garbanzo beans (drained)
1 can black beans (rinsed and drained)
1 can diced tomatoes (or freshly diced)
1 can green chilis
1 can sweet corn( drained)
1/2 sweet onion(finely diced)
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing (+ more if you want)
1 splash of hot sauce/buffalo wing sauce
1 dash of garlic salt

serve with tortilla chips....& you will become addicted... fast!

Photo taken from:  texasfoodandtravel.blogspot.com -

 I guess that is the biggest update for now.  There will be more photographs and updates after the holiday weekend.  Enjoy and stay tuned!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!