Monday, July 15, 2013

5 days without Facebook & Cheapie Diaper order

Day One:

Woke up & immediately picked up my phone and clicked on the facebook icon.  (Literally) slapped myself on the head and closed it before any damage was done.   Went through the day as normal.  There were about 50-60 times I thought about a status update in my head...but tried to woosh those thoughts out of my head.  by 1:00pm I wanted to check my message (as was part of the deal since it was like my email) no messages. sad face.  By nightfall, I wanted to post how well I had done not using facebook.   an addicts life is difficult.

Day two: 

Old habits die hard.  Opened phone, clicked facebook icon.  Dumb.  This time checked my messages for the day......at 8:00 am.....no messages  16 new notifications mostly from candy crush saga..... ooooooh!  Candy Crush Saga.... one game won't hurt.... NOOO  hold it together... thought of more status updates.  boo boo was looking awfully cute today.... take a picture now... post later.....

Day three:

hmmm... not thinking about facebook as much.  Let's look up fun forth of July firework pictures.   click, click.....link goes to facebook!!  oh no!  reminded to check messages for day 3....no messages... 22 new notifications.   Saw awesome meme online, wanted to share with bff....didn't  now I can't remember were I found it. first world problems.

Day four:

  Fourth of July!   Happily distracted by fireworks and cookouts! No need to check phone.... took lots of pictures from baby's 2nd 4th of july!
Went to the lake, enjoyed family, and friends.  Saw a bunch of teenagers....they are probably posting on facebook.....SHIT!  get out of my head!!

Day five:

 Can honestly say I did not think about Facebook at all.   Kind of forgot all about checking my messages.  Finally, posted pictures of the fourth of July (Part of my original deal was that I would allow myself to post 4th of July pictures so that they wouldn't get lost) Posted pictures

Day six:

 Returned to facebook, saw lots of comments on cute 4th of July pictures and checked messages & notifications, beat 2 levels in candy crush saga and then got off.   Moderation people....





What I learned from my brief facebook hiatus.   I was able to enjoy booboo a lot more without thinking about taking pictures of him for facebook, getting on facebook while he was entertaining himself, or even thinking about posting things constantly. I was able to focus 100% on that sweet little boy and all of the things he was doing.   I mean he gives me 100% of himself...he doesn't know what facebook is.... he knows what mom is and should be to him... I shouldn't be checking my phone while he is giggling..... I should be giggling with him.    This breif facebook fast has offered me the opportunity to put life back into perspective.   If you find youself so consumed with twitter or facebook or any other internet time warps.  I suggest forcing yourself to take a break from it..... not forever....because we all need social lifes and connections.... but for youself....for your family.   Stop to smell the roses, accomplish something... watch your child learning something for the first time.   I strongly suggest documenting your feelings.  That way you can understand the social and emotional parts you are lacking.






 In baby news.... I've sacrificed my soul and ordered some "China Cheapies"  Kaiwaii  and Alva diapers, that is.  I've merely purchased them to round out my stash a little.  I've had to retire some diapers (until I can find a seamstress to fix them) so I needed to add a couple in the meantime and this was the more cost effective way.  And..... I can blog about them from a non-bias and non-promotional standpoint.   I ordered the diapers from SuperStash.net.   If you are interested in ordering some "china cheapies"  this is an Idaho WAHM that distributes the diapers from the USA.   THe price isn't much different...if at all.   So you don't have to wait long.  In fact, I ordered them on Friday night and they will be here approx. Tuesday.  They were close last time I checked the tracking order.


Cow
Alva colorful snaps cow $6.99
undefined
Punk Rock
Alva Punk Rock Fun Print $5.99
   I got 13 diapers for $100.00, no shipping, and they aren't coming from over seas.    I will let you know a detailed comparision of the products, as soon as  I receive and prep them.   The one that I like the most.... assuming that I like them,  I will try to do a giveaway!    I've heard good things about these particular brands.  They are supposed to be better quality than the 'Ebay' diapers that some people run across.   If you have any particular questions about the diapers, I'll be happy to answer them!   I did LOTS of research on these diapers to ensure that I wanted to try them, and I was happy with what I researched.  This is the most important part with buying cloth.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!   Everyone has opinions, but only you can determine what is best for your family and yourself.    I will ALWAYS try to support the WAHMs or the US companies, but sometimes it isn't possible....at the very least I was able to support a local mom who distributes the diapers and makes a living for her family.  She also believes in the cloth diapering dream.  I can support that!   She has also had swift and professional service thus far!!




kawaii label
Alva colorful snaps w/snap in liner
alva colorsful snaps w/ snap in liner
UPDATE!   I received my diapers from Carol at superstash!   I was so impressed by her customer service and swift delivery.  The diapers were nice quality and they are perfect for rounding out my stash!   I cannot wait to try these out on little booboo!    Check out the photos below.  I feel like the kawaii are of higher quality than the alva, but the alva has double gussets and have lots of color options!  I'm sure all the diapers will get lots of use.  I also have a few other diapers purchased that are no pictured!  Enjoy and please post any questions of these diapers you might have and I will be happy to answer them.  If you are nervous about ordering diapers from overseas I highly recommend ordering from Carol at superstash.net.  I am blown away by her description of diapers, availability and very quick shipment!!
Alva minky wet/dry bag

kawaii inner and inserts

kawaii fluffiness

kawaii dinosaur minky

kawaii vs alva thickness  (alva has only 1 insert)

thank you note and free samples from superstash.net

kawaii ultra soft square tab

kawaii ultra soft square tab

kawaii ultra soft square tab



alva colorful snaps

alva colorful snaps

minky dinosaurs kawaii

alva punk rock

my stash ordered friday here by monday!

alva elephants!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! I commend you for being able to Facebook fast! It is so important to be sure to enjoy all the things around you! I believe everyone spends so much time in internet world we tend to forget the beauty around us myself included.! You have inspired me to try to do this fast as well. I will keep you posted on progress! You definitely deserve a pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! nappy newborn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. pannolini neonati offerte

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!