Monday, April 15, 2013

Vertical Spring Nails

 There is NOTHING I love more than stripes.  I think that stripes are so classy and fresh this season.  Even though Old Navy has gone a little mainstream with their new tee shirt campaign, I have been loving stripes.  For these nails, I chose to use a springy mint green by Wet n Wild: Megalast.  This is THE BEST nail polish. Better than tons of the more expensive brands.  It has a thick and wide brush that covers the entire nail in one swipe.  It only needs 2 coats at the most and the finish is flawless.  I hope they never change this product because it is perfect.   The other items you will need for this is some nail art polish in any colors of your choice.


 First, I applied a coat of the megalast and allowed it to dry completely.  This is very important in nail art.  The nails will be gummy and smear if you do not allow them to dry completely in between.  After the second layer of megalast and drying, I applied the vertical stripes.  The best advice I can give is to swipe the line and pull the nail away at the same time.  This will cause the line to stay thin and straight.  Remember to only use a small about of paint on the nail art brush.  This gives the impression that the art is at the same level as the base paint.  You do not want to have large bubbled up lines on your nails.
 I decided to add an accent nail in the silver, and add a small about of silver glitter to the thumb which added depth.   Overall, I LOVE these.  I may add a top layer of my Gelous coat which will seal the nails and make them last for a long time.  Hopefully, these nails will brighten my day when it gets back down to 39 degrees next week (end of April, give me a break)




Keep looking for more posts this week.  I'm pleased with the growth of this blog and I thank you for being a loyal reader and supporter.  I truly hope you try the ideas!   Me and BFF are trying to collaborate on a couple ideas for future posts that are going to BLOW you away.  The amount of creativity that you get with combining us is quite electric!  So, keep those eyes peeled!







*Happy 10 month birthday itty bitty boo boo bean!  I can't believe how big you've gotten.  Congratulations on learning how to crawl one day short of 10 months old!  I love you!*

What else is going on this week?   Well, I'm presenting at the PINTEREST PARTY at the YWCA.  If you haven't signed up there will be extended registration until the event.  I'll be posting about my spray painted party chairs soon, and I can't wait to show them off!  If they are as cute as they are in my brain, I think they will be really stunning!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!